All Faiths Food Bank
Chief Administrative Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements and maintains all financial policies and procedures.
- Oversees all segments of the general accounting function, including the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, preparation of operating and financial statements, reconciliation of accounts, fixed asset control and depreciation.
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual operating budget: provides assistance to individual department heads in the preparation and maintenance of departmental operational budgets.
- Prepare reports explaining budget deviations and overall financial performance.
- Designs, implements and manages a system of internal controls.
- Oversees preparation of annual and other fiscal audits. Maintains relations with external auditors, other financial consultants and advisors.
- Insures that all federal and state tax/compliance filings are complete, accurate and are filed on a timely basis.
- Works closely with personnel to ensure that fiscal requirements for grants and contracts are identified, realized and monitored.
- Directs the Human Resources function including performance appraisals, benefits administration, payroll, hiring and termination, grievance procedures, discipline, temporary staffing requirements, etc.
- Develops and implements the employee policy handbook, policies and procedures
- Manages accounting and administrative staff
- Oversees professional development of all personnel
- Provides other Human Resources support as requested by the Executive Director.
- Coordinates overall efficiency of front office functions and updating/completion of Procedure Manuals.
- Negotiates equipment leases and furniture purchases; coordinates equipment service and monitors usage.
- Responsible for negotiation and renewal of insurance policies (D&O, general liability, etc.), maintain relationships.
- Handles issues related to licenses, annual filings, etc.
- Manages external IT consultant, reviews IT invoices for accuracy.
- Manages acquisition of new computers, software, etc.
- Oversee and direct resources to support the organization’s IT needs. Directs all aspects of the IT function including hardware, software, networks, email administration, staff training, security etc.
- Develops and implements plans for recommended system modifications.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Four Year Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Graduate degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in a supervisory capacity over accounting, HR and IT staff. Audit experience and CPA a definite plus.
- Proven success in managing and motivating employees.
- Proficient in accounting software, Excel, Access, Outlook Word, Power Point, etc.
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organization and written and oral communication skills.
May work evenings and weekends due to AFFB special events and related projects. Occasional overnight travel for conferences and meetings.
Send Cover letter and resume to MaryBeth@MBJGroup.com by March 8, 2013.