Habitat for Humanity South Sarasota County, Inc.
Principal Gifts Officer
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Email resume with cover letter detailing your interest in this position and your salary requirement, along with two writing samples preferably related to development to: MaryBeth@MBJGroup.com
The Philanthropy Officer is responsible for envisioning, implementing and managing Habitat for Humanity South Sarasota County, Inc.’s (HFHSSC) fund development efforts to include fund-raising and cultivation events; annual giving; corporate and foundation giving; faith based giving; civic and service organization giving; major gifts from individuals; prospective donor research; grant writing; donor stewardship; and planned giving.
- Bachelors Degree or 5-7 years of related fund development experience.
- Must have experience formulating and executing successful comprehensive fund raising programs with annual budget of $1million or more;
- Evidence of using persuasive communication, passion, and expertise to inspire volunteers, staff, Board and donors to the causes of HFHSSC;
- Proven ability to cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts and to lead others in doing so;
- Proven experience in writing and being awarded grants of $10,000 and above.
- An engaging and outgoing personality which naturally draws others to them
- Competency in planning and execution of projects and plans
- Experience in using a donor database program
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Thoughtful, creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Must be highly organized and have strong work ethic
- Help plan and carefully manage the philanthropy budget ensuring resources are allocated accurately, efficiently, and effectively to ensure adequate support for HFHSSC mission.
- Develop and implement a written plan for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual, foundation and corporate potential donors
- Oversee implementation and follow-through of all fund raising events and ensure that events are strategically positioned to improve donor relationships effectively and efficiently.
- Work with staff to maintain appropriate gift accounting and acknowledgement, gifts and grants record management, planned gift distributions and donor stewardship.
- Foster an environment between staff, board and volunteers that rewards new ideas and risk-taking, encourages teamwork, and celebrates achievements in the area of philanthropy.
- Open communication on all levels of the organization by keeping donors and public informed, thanked and involved; designing and managing effective Board and staff communications; and ensuring increased giving opportunities.
- Work collaboratively and in coordination with other department staff
- Conduct effective interdepartmental communications and provide regular summaries of all philanthropic activities to Board of Directors and executive management.