POSITION TITLE: Business Development Assistant
FSLA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTING: Branch Manager
POSITION PURPOSE: Perform various clerical tasks including, but not limited to, developing relationships, marketing, networking and general assisting with administrative office tasks.
Prospect potential referral partners in our target market by research through SAR, MAR, insurance agents, CPA’s etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set appointments for the branch manager to call on prospective partners
- Attend sales training sessions to develop outstanding sales and communications skills
- Attend business networking events to assess quality of membership opportunities and make recommendations.
- Assist in creation and completion of marketing projects with Branch Manager, including but not limited to social media and mail campaigns.
- Provide outstanding customer service
Position Secondary Responsibilities
- Assist manager in completion of mortgage application paperwork
- Meet with clients if required
- Complete special projects as developed by the manager such as an open house or presentations
- Any and all other general office duties as required by branch manager
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility of hours
- Skills in Microsoft Windows, MS Office products, internet research. Must learn industry software used for position.
- High school graduate, associate degree in business or related field preferred.
- Strong attendance and reliability
Non essential Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Independent worker
- Able to work under occasional periods of heavy pressure
Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum HS, prefer some college or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in an assistant position to a senior level individual with background in marketing, communications, branding and/or public relations.
- Demonstrated customer service record
- Experience in working from a ‘home office environment’
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010
- Mortgage banking experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
May work some evenings and weekends due to special events and related projects. Occasional overnight travel for conferences and meetings. Background check required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach, climb and lift up to 25 lbs. Vision requirements include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus abilities. Valid driver’s license and transportation
General Sign Off
All associates are required to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in adherence to policies.
Send Cover letter and resume to MaryBeth@MBJGroup.com